Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Downunder Pilot Shop users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
The inReach now comes with built-in navigation with waypoints and routing. You can navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back. In addition to sending and receiving text messages, and triggering an interactive SOS, you can now plan, track and share your journey! You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium.inreach EXPLORER features
How it works
inReach Explorer is the satellite communicator from DeLorme that puts amazing functionality in the palm of your hand without having to pair the device:
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view.
- View route details such as distance and bearing to destination. Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer.
- Plan your route online ahead of time, including waypoints, and share it with family and friends to follow along and watch your progress.
- Send and receive 160-character text messages with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media.
- Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share you location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed.
- Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate back and forth with GEOS, 24/7 search and rescue monitoring centre.
- Audible message notifications.
- Designed for maximum durability in harsh environments (waterproof, dustproof, & impact-resistant).
- Long-lasting internal rechargeable lithium battery for ultimate convenience and portability. 100 hours of battery life in 10 minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky.
- Built on award- winning inReach technology.
Like our inReach SE, inReach Explorer can be used with DeLorme's Earthmate app on a mobile device and connected through our Explore web portal. When paired with your mobile device, the capabilities of the inReach product range is enhanced. Previously downloaded map data is only accessible during paired mode. Pairing inReach allows you to use your mobile device to send messages from the Earthmate app.
Transform your smartphone or tablet into a global satellite communication and navigation tool with our free Earthmate app. Experience worry-free navigation and journey tracking with unlimited access to downloadable topographic maps on your bluetooth paired mobile device. Automatically sync your mobile device's address book for easy texting. WayPoints and Routes functionality will be added in 2015.
Explore Web Portal
Prepare and share your journey with family and friends with our Explore web portal:
Create multiple routes and waypoints before your journey for key locations and milestones.
Share your planned route, actual tracks, waypoints, location and trip details with MapShare, including tracking and GPS information.
- Invite others to "ping" your inReach to see your location, activate tracking & exchange messages.
- Load pre-set messages to your inReach.
- Link to your social media accounts.
- View all your previous trips and messages.
- Messages and track points sent via the world's furthest-reaching satellite network
- Uses Iridium 9603 short-burst technology
IPHONE, IPAD, IPOD TOUCH AND ANDROID COMPATIBILITY
- Made for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, iPad (3rd and 4th generation),
iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini and iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generation).
- Compatible with Android 2.2 and later
- Dimensions, 149mm high including antenna, 62mm wide, 26mm depth
- Weight with internal lithium polymer batter, 189 grams
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP67 1 metre for 30 minutes)
- Impact resistant (meets Mil STD 810F)
- Operating temperature: -20c to 60c
- Storage temperature: -40c to 85c
Please note: satellite communications equipment is a restricted import for some countries. When travelling to places like India and parts of Russia your satellite communicator may be regarded as an illegal import. It is the users responsibility to check this prior to travelling and we accept no liability for any consequences that may arise if they are detained at the border for trying to import their satellite communicator.
|Name||Delorme inReach Explorer|