The Aviators is a weekly TV series featuring interesting people, thelatest aircraft, the coolest technology and the best fly-indestinations. The Aviators takes you behind the scenes to show you howairline pilots train, how planes are built, and how ATC works. Theyprofile aviation businesses and showcase aviation products.
They provide safety tips for private and recreational pilots andcareer tips for professional pilots. The Aviators isall-things-aviation: “For everyone who has ever gazed skywards.”
- Episode 1: Original Air Date—8 September 2010 AirVenture: America's largest aviation celebration, The US Air Force's C5M Supergalaxy, The Tiger Moth bi-plane, Miracle on the Hudson hero Jeff Skiles, Flat spin survivor. The Aviators:
- Episode 2: In this episode, we profile the Chartright corporate charters, Cross Canada Century Flight, Air show pilot Julie Clark and Affordable Helicopters. Original Air Date—15 September 2010 Chartright corporate charters, Cross Canada Century Flight, Julie Clark, Affordable Helicopters.
- Episode 3: In this episode, we take a look at the Russian Mig 15, we explore the Legacy of the Cessna brand, we take a look at float plane training, we learn How to land an airliner and we profile Aerobatic champion Patty Wagstaff. Original Air Date—22 September 2010 Legacy of the Cessna brand, Float plane training, How to land an airliner, Aerobatic champion Patty Wagstaff, Russian MiG 15.
- Episode 4: In this episode, we visit the 2010 Sun 'n' Fun flyin in Lakeland Florida. Original Air Date—22 September 2010 Sun 'n Fun fly-in special from Lakeland, FL.
- Episode 5: In this episode, we take a look at the Airbus A380, we peek inside a Cessna 206 during an annual inspection, we see what happens when a private pilot takes control of an airliner and we get to ride inside the cockpit of the L-39 Delfin. Original Air Date—29 September 2010 Can a private pilot land an airliner?, Delfin L-29 fighter jet, Aircraft annual inspection, Airbus A380.
- Episode 6: In this episode, we take a look light-sport aviation, we check out Zaon portable collision avoidance systems, we talk to women in aviation founder Peggy Chabrian and we see if a non pilot can land an airliner! Original Air Date—6 October 2010 Can a non-pilot land an airliner?, Zaon collision avoidance, Women in Aviation, Light sport aviation.
- Episode 7: In this episode, we give you a look inside one of the most advanced air traffic control towers in the world, we check out the "Quesnel SkyFest," we walk you through a walk around inspection and we profile TV host John Lovelace. Original Air Date—13 October 2010 Air Traffic Control Tower, Walkaround checks, Quesnel air show, Pilot profile: John Lovelace.
- Episode 8: In this episode, we profile Aerobatic pilot Rick Volker, Kurtis learns a number of techniques for building an aircraft at home, we fly a Cessna caravan into Atlin and we see how backup instruments can save your life! Original Air Date—20 October 2010 Aerobatic pilot Rick Volker, Homebuilt industry, Cessna Caravan, Mid-Continent instruments.
- Episode 9: In this episode, we look inside an en-route air traffic control center, see an air show at the home of the Aviators, check out the original corporate aircraft of the Beech Staggerwing, and learn what the AOPA is doing to protect aviation in America. Original Air Date—27 October 2010 Air Traffic Control: En route control, Boundary Bay air show, Beech Staggerwing, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA).
- Episode 10: In this episode, we explore an aircraft auction! Kurtis learns all about ultralight aviation and we visit the air capital of the world Wichita, Kansas! Original Air Date—3 November 2010 Aircraft auction, Ultralight flying, Aviation destination: Wichita, Kansas.
- Episode 11: In this episode, we sit down with Mikey McBryan of TV's "Ice Pilots," we profile the Midnight Sun Challenge and we take you on a flight on board the Goodyear Blimp! Original Air Date—10 November 2010 Mikey McBryan of TV's 'Ice Pilots', Goodyear blimp, Midnight Sun Challenge into the Yukon.
- Episode 12: In this episode, we take you inside WestJet, we show you what a typical day is like for a Boeing 737 pilot, we tell you all about airliner maintenance and we look at how RNP and winglets can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Original Air Date—17 November 2010 A day in the life of an airline pilot, Airline environmentalism, Airliner maintenance.
- Episode 13: In this episode, we show you a typical Cross Border flight, we find out all about Robert Gannon's around the world journey, we visit the Sun N' Fun Splashin and we see how a pilot is helping the environment! Original Air Date—24 November 2010 Cross-border flying, Boreal forest, Flying a Cessna around the world, Splash-in: Float plane fly-in.
|Name||The Aviators: Season 1|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Downunder Pilot Shop users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.