The Aviators is a weekly TV series featuring interesting people, thelatest aircraft, the coolest technology and the best fly-indestinations. The Aviators takes you behind the scenes to show you howairline pilots train, how planes are built, and how ATC works. Theyprofile aviation businesses and showcase aviation products.
They provide safety tips for private and recreational pilots andcareer tips for professional pilots. The Aviators isall-things-aviation: “For everyone who has ever gazed skywards.”
Season 2 Episode Guide:
- Episode 1: Original Air Date—12 September 2011 Aviation 101: An explanation of some of the very basics of aviation. Host profiles: A closer look at some of the hosts of The Aviators including Sara, Kurtis, Anthony, and new host, country music singer George Canyon.
- Episode 2: Original Air Date—19 September 2011 ATC gibberish: Breaking down & simplifying all that complex sounding radio chatter. Water egress: Sara learns how to escape from a submerged aircraft. Condor Squadron: Taking to the air with formation pilots flying WW2 era planes.
- Episode 3: Original Air Date—26 September 2011 Can a kid land an airliner?: A follow up to some of the popular sim segments from season one, but this time with a 12 year old at the controls! Flight services: Kurtis shows us the many important functions of this often overlooked aspect of Air Traffic Control services. $100 hamburger: A pilot expression for an aviation food-run. Anthony and Raeleen dig in at Greenville, SC.
- Episode 4: Original Air Date—3 October 2011 Private pilot emergency: Anthony closes the season 2 sim segments by having an emergency thrown at him. Can he do it? MCAS Miramar (formerly Top Gun): Spending the day with US Marine fighter pilots at their legendary base.
- Episode 5: Original Air Date—10 October 2011 Day in the life of an air show (Part 1 of 2): We take you behind the scenes for an exclusive look at the inner workings of one of America's biggest air shows.
- Episode 6: Original Air Date—17 October 2011 Day in the life of an air show (Part 2 of 2): The exciting conclusion to the two-part special including an up-close look at the U.S. Navy Blue Angels.
- Episode 7: Original Air Date—24 October 2011 Going flying in one of the biggest biplanes around, the Russian Anotonov AN-2; Anthony, our resident gadget guy, explores the usefulness of the Apple iPad in the cockpit; and we take a look at the B-25 Mitchell bomber and its current caretaker, the Commemorative Air Force.
- Episode 8: Original Air Date—31 October 2011 We visit one of the most incredible grass strips in the country - Triple Tree Aerodrome; The Blue Angels take us for an incredible flight aboard their C-130, Fat Albert; and Sara meets Peyton McCool who takes her for a thrilling flight in his Yak 52W.
- Episode 9: Original Air Date—7 November 2011 A group of pilots participate in a seminar leading to one of them winning a dream flight of a lifetime in a T-33; Sara tries her hand at a completely different kind of aviation at the Joe Nall event in Woodruff, SC; and Raeleen spends the day with the superstars of the air show circuit - the Aeroshell Aerobatic Team.
- Episode 10: Original Air Date—14 November 2011 Kurtis walks us through the varied level of aircraft ownership from the basic to the luxurious; We visit a unique kind of gated community where your driveway is your runway; And Sara answers the question "Are two engines really better than one?"
- Episode 11: Original Air Date—21 November 2011 Kurtis learns about aircraft engines with Bill Middlebrook of Penn Yan Aero; Raeleen visits the most female friendly airport in the world; And Anthony tells us about buying a used aircraft and making it your own.
- Episode 12: Original Air Date—28 November 2011 We visit the annual event of the AOPA - Aviation Summit; Kurtis takes us on through an exclusive visit with the aerial support unit of the LAPD; and Jeff looks at the Red Bull Air Races with racer Pete McLeod.
- Episode 13: Original Air Date—5 December 2011 A profile of one of the first corporate aircraft from yesteryear - the Cessna 195; We visit the pink-shirted pros from the FAA at the World's Busiest Control Tower; and Kurtis enjoys the great outdoors as we discuss aviation camping.
|Name||The Aviators: Season 2|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Downunder Pilot Shop users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.