WINGMAN is the reinforcement patch designed specifically for pilot lapel wings.
Although we're proud to have earned our wings, they sure can be a pain sometimes! Lapel wings create holes in our expensive uniform shirts that get bigger from repeated pinning and unpinning, and from getting snagged on everything from lanyards to seat belts.
WINGMAN has an iron-on backing that applies easily, strongly, and lasts wash after wash. Its patent-pending lock channel prevents pin holes from expanding and keeps your wings oriented upright. The lock channel is wide enough to accommodate most airline issued wings.
- Easy Iron-On Backing
- Prevents or Repairs Large Pinholes
- Keeps Wings From Drooping
- Low Profile Construction, Thinner Than A Dime
IRON-ON INSTRUCTIONS - (Alternatively, the patch can be sewn on)
WINGMAN can be affixed to the outside or inside of the shirt depending on your style preference. However, we recommend mounting to the outside of the shirt because it will be easier to apply parallel to the pocket and easier to line up the wing pin(s) with the patch�s lock channel.
CAUTION: The following instructions are for ironing your patch onto garments with a high cotton content. For other fabrics, follow the manufacturer�s recommended heat settings. To assure adhesion on hard-to-bond fabrics, steps 5 and 6 may be repeated 2 or 3 times.
1. Place a cloth (t-shirt, pillow case, or similar thin cotton fabric) on a hard non-heat sensitive surface (kitchen counter, table, cutting board, etc.).
2. Place area of garment where patch is to be attached on cloth, face up.
3. Position patch as desired.
4. Cover patch with a pressing cloth (t-shirt, pillow case, or similar thin cotton fabric).
5. Apply strong downward pressure with household iron (hottest setting) for 60 seconds.
6. Without allowing time to cool, turn the garment over, move the pressing cloth to a new position (to prevent scorching), and repeat step 5 again.
7. Allow patch and garment to cool completely before handling.CARE: Do not wash at hot temperature. Gentle cycle and cold water are recommend. In the rare case a patch loosens, it can be reattached by repeating steps 4 through 7, or by sewing.
|Name||Wingman Reinforcement Patch for Pilot Wings|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Downunder Pilot Shop users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.